We live in a progressive society, and sustainability is pertinent if future generations are to survive. Yes, that sounds dramatic, but it’s true and resonates, especially when we talk about LED lighting design.
Here are some facts and why LED lighting and LED lighting design is the only choice:
- Incandescent and halogen bulbs or products will be phased out in July 2023. Incandescent lighting is not sustainable; it uses too much energy and emits too much heat.
- Although there is technically a ban on incandescent light bulbs, it has two levels. One is the sale of incandescent bulbs, and the second is manufacturing those products – but you can use them if you have some available.
- Since incandescent and halogen lighting and products cannot meet essential guidelines and standards, the significant shift is to LED and CFL (compact fluorescent light). Unfortunately, CFL has its drawbacks – compact fluorescent lighting doesn’t dim, and the bulbs contain mercury, which poses a hazard and requires appropriate disposal.
- There is light at the end of the tunnel! LED lighting and LED lighting designs are all the good and none of the bad of previous lighting. LED stands for light-emitting diode. This technology is progressing in leaps and bounds.
- LEDs are directional, meaning they emit light in a specific direction, which is perfect for lighting design. Lighting with intention is the name of the game with LED lighting design.
- Here are some impressive statistics: an incandescent bulb uses 90% of its energy as heat, while CFL or compact fluorescent light uses 80% of its energy as heat. LEDs remain cool with directional lighting, so no energy is wasted.
- LED lighting can last three to five times longer than any fluorescent lighting (which used to be the affordable choice) and 30 times longer than its predecessor, the incandescent light bulb.
With its sustainability, flexibility, and longevity, we have a bright future using LED Lighting with all our lighting designs!
Push your vision forward for 2023 with our talented artisans. Call us today for a consultation!
From the Factory Floor
Fresnel-styled straight ribbed lens with LED. It is all about elevating the details with ADG. Team ‘Giago’ makes things possible.
by Gerald Olesker, CEO, ADG Lighting